Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager
DB Charles have been working with a growing business in staff numbers and turnover for some time now and this business are now in need of a Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager to join the ranks of the business based at the Head Office in Harrow.
The business has a long standing track record of success dating to their start out in the 1970’s and the company specialises in providing a number of support services to the construction industry.
The companies sectors and specialisms fall over a number of different areas including some of the below:
- Waste management
- Operative personnel supply
- Plus others
The role as Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager requires the successful candidate to come on-board and manage all commercial aspects of the businesses subcontract works including valuations, variations & payments.
With this being a key role to the business, it involves many different aspects, thus DB Charles have selected a number of the key day to day duties:
- Meeting & reporting into department heads frequently
- Managing site crews
- Cost reporting
- Budget monitoring
- Query handling and resolution in relation to contractual and commercial issues
- Close workings with Procurement teams and departments
- Managing, guiding & training other quantity surveyors
- Multi project management
- Client meetings and updates
Candidates considered for this role will be required to have a number of the below skill-sets and experiences:
- A strong and proven career background working as a Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager
- Degree qualification in BSc Quantity Surveying or equivalent preferable or would consider HND qualifications.
- A career background within Logistics & Waste Management
- Previous background of managing / mentoring a team
- Background of working on / handling multiple projects at once
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm in pressured situations
- Ability to commit to a permanent role in Harrow however with offsite travel frequently required
The role will be working Monday to Friday with working hours of 8am to 5pm and for this position, the business is looking to attract candidates with a variety of experience and will pay a potential base salary varying between £50,000K to £60,000K per annum, plus a number of additional company benefits including:
- x21 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Car / Car allowance expense scheme
- Plus many others
Please send through your application if this role looks like the challenge you have been looking for lately.
Bid & Proposal Administrator
- City of London, London
- £25000.00 - £27000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
Interim Financial Accountant
- County Durham, Shildon
- £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits