DB Charles have partnered with an incredibly successful business based in Shildon, Durham that have various sites throughout the UK and the world. The business have been in conversation with DB Charles and are now pleased to release to the market that they are currently seeking to hire a new permanent Production Planner to join the business and contribute to the successful team on-site.
The business are a well known global brand within manufacturing & distribution and are looking to attract a new candidate to begin working with the business as soon as possible.
The role as a Production Planner will be reporting into the Manufacturing Manager and they will overall be responsible for planning, scheduling and completing customer orders within the necessary and agreed time-frames.
On top of this, the role holds a variety of duties and day to day responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Production planning
- Working closely with other production planners in the team
- Management of the production schedules
- Operational management
- Capacity planning with a focus on short, medium and long term goals
- Reporting on manufacturing statistics
- Order processing and acknowledgement
- Working in line and to all health and safety regulations
- Ensuring production operations run in coordination with business expectations and targets
- Creating new production strategies
These are the main responsibilities for the role however other duties and reporting will become apparent as the role progresses.
Ideally the client is looking for CV’s and to interview candidates with the following skill sets:
- A background within engineering or manufacturing
- Ideally a previous career background within production planning
- A strong understanding of manufacturing planning systems
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing
- Excels in delivering fantastic customer service levels
- Lean improvement technique knowledge plus a willingness to participate in lean implementation activities
- Highly organised
- Highly numerate
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Ability to commit to a permanent role based in Shildon, Durham
For this position the client is looking to pay a competitive salary dependent on experience of between £28,000K to £33,000K per annum with additional benefits on offer.
If you feel this is a strong fit to your skill set, please apply and DB Charles Recruitment looks forward to receiving your CV and details.
Internal Sales / Account Manager
- Hertfordshire, St Albans
- £18000.00 - £26000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
- Somerset, Wells
- £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits