Multi-Site Caretaker – Freelance
DB Charles Recruitment are partnering with a fantastic business to find a candidate for a Multi-Site Caretaker position on a permanent freelance basis to look after a number of sites in and around Berkshire, Buckinghamshire & Southampton.
DB Charles have been working with this business for some time now and can honestly only offer a great opinion of the business, the infrastructure and the people who work within it.
The business has a focus within the property market based on the commercial & residential side with the majority of their work and sites in and around Berkshire, Buckinghamshire & Southampton. With the recent growth of the business, it has now expanded into two sides, one being managing the holdings in the residential properties and the second managing its lease-holdings within the serviced offices.
Overall, the position of Multi-Site Caretaker requires a proactive freelance candidate to be the “eyes and ears” of the business at these sites and someone who can undertake site inspections and carry out regular minor maintenance.
The role will involve day to day duties including a number of the below:
- Office painting & decorating
- Wall signage installations
- Boiler maintenance
- Furniture assembly & repairs
- Door lock installations
- General DIY
- General refurbishments
- Cleaner management
- Managing the contracts of the building utilities
The business holds its head offices in St Albans, Hertfordshire and they have initially highlighted 4 sites in Wokingham, Beaconsfield, Abingdon & Southampton that will require this candidate to visit each site once per week.
The client is seeking candidates with the following skill set & background:
- Previous background of working as a caretaker / site manager
- Must drive and be able to reach multi-sites in Wokingham, Beaconsfield, Abingdon & Southampton
- Background & ability to demonstrate previous DIY skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to deal with various people & parties in tenants, cleaners and utility businesses.
- Highly organised and comfortable working with smart phones / computers / tablets.
- Hands on
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Ability to handle quotes & invoices
- Good budget skills in dealing & buying materials from local and national trade accounts
- Comfortable reporting back to senior management in St Albans via phone, email and occasional face to face meetings.
- Ability to commit to a permanent role on a freelance basis
The client is ideally looking to offer a rate of £15.00 per hour and initially believes the role will require someone to work x4 days a week from 8AM to 4PM however flexibility and discussions can be had around this.
The client is also willing to offer fuel expenses paying £0.45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles accrued and from that point £0.25p per mile thereafter. Furthermore, all additional costs incurred for maintenance materials whilst on the role can be expensed back to the business.
It is a brilliant role with a brilliant business and we look forward to receiving your applications from you.
Business Development Executive – Telecoms
- Colwick, Nottinghamshire
- Up to £18000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
Operation Executive – Sales Order Processing
- Hertfordshire, St Albans
- £23000.00 - £25000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits