A long standing business in St Albans, Hertfordshire are working closely with DB Charles Recruitment to hire a new permanent Logistics Assistant to join the team that have experienced great recent growth in turnover and staff numbers.
The business has enjoyed success over the last 30 years and has come out the other side against COVID producing fantastic results and thus, they are expanding the support team.
As Logistics Assistant, the hired individual will be responsible for the overall supply chain management, including aspects such as organising and monitoring storage and distribution of goods, plus staying on top of shipping deliveries. Other day to day duties included will be:
- Speaking with suppliers & carriers
- Tracking shipments
- Updating delivery schedules
- Delivery planning
- Working closely with the warehouse team
- Stock management & reporting
- Team meetings
- Raising purchase orders
- Reporting & administration
For this role, the client is seeking CV’s with aspects of the following skill sets:
- Preferably some background within logistics / supply chain / distribution or stock management
- Office background with a keen interest in logistics & supply chain
- A background of dealing with people & customers face to face and via the telephone & email.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills
- Very personable
- Strong systems skills in particular with MS Excel, up to V Look Up & Pivot Table standard
- Team player with innovative ideas
- Able to commit to a permanent role office based in St Albans
The role will be working Monday to Friday, with working hours of 9:00am to 5:30pm and the client is looking to offer a salary of £22,000 per annum. The role also offers:
- Free parking onsite
- x23 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- An Xmas shut down period
- Plus many others
We hope the information provided has given a good overview of the role and welcome your application soon.
- Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
- £35000.00 - £44000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £30000.00 - £38000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits