IT Support Engineer
DB Charles Recruitment are excited to bring to the market a new permanent position based in Weston-Super-Mare for an IT Support Engineer to work in-house with a business with a long standing track record of success dating to their start out in the 1970’s.
The company specialises in providing a number of support services to certain industries and they offer their clients tailored and innovative services so to allow them to deliver projects within the specific industry.
The companies sectors and specialisms fall over a number of different areas including some of the below:
- Waste management
- Operative personnel supply
- Plus others
For the role as IT Support Engineer, the business requires someone to come on-board and be responsible for the all round business IT support, including aspects such as hardware & software maintenance, network management and the management and deployment of IT equipment.
Day to day duties will mainly include:
- General IT Support
- 1st, 2nd & some 3rd line support work
- Network management
- Network audits
- Managing user accounts
- Health & safety towards all IT infrastructure equipment
- Dealing with IT queries via face to face, phone & email
- Updating servers
- Adhering to KPI’s & SLA’s
- General administration & reporting
With this role having such importance to the business, they are seeking candidates with the below skill set:
- A previous career background as an IT Support Engineer
- Experience covering desktop, cloud, server, infrastructure & virtualisation in a Windows Server environment
- Ideally a degree graduate in a related topic however not essential
- IT Vendor qualifications would be highly advantageous
- Knowledge of TCP/IL
- Experience & knowledge of ITIL helpdesk services
- PowerShell scripting experience
- VoIP telephony systems experience
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good prioritisation skills and being flexible enough to adapt plans
- Confidence in decision-making
- An excellent and calm telephone manner
- An ability to multi-task and to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to commit to a permanent role based in Weston-Super-Mare
The role will be working Monday to Friday, with workings hours of 8am to 5pm and the client is ideally looking to offer a salary dependent on experience of up to £30,000K per annum.
We hope the information provided has given a good overview of the role and we welcome your applications.
- Hertfordshire, Stevenage
- £18000.00 - £20000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
IT Support Engineer
- Harrow, London
- £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits