Interim Financial Accountant
DB Charles have partnered with an incredibly successful business based in Shildon, Durham, with various sites throughout the UK, that are currently seeking to hire an Interim Financial Accountant for around a 6 month period, with the strong potential for the role to go permanent in the future.
The business are a well known global brand within manufacturing & distribution and are looking to attract a new candidate to begin working with the business as soon as possible.
The role as an Interim Financial Accountant will report directly into the Financial Controller and overall the person will ensure the maintenance of the company’s finance transaction processes as well as ensuring these remain in line with the company and group regulatory and statutory regulations. The role will sit within a finance team of 6 people however not require specific person management at the outset.
The role holds a variety of duties and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Financial postings & general ledger validations
- Handling and dealing with regulatory & statutory compliance issues
- Month end procedures including ledger closures and reconciliations
- Creating and maintaining financial reports & KPI’s
- Data manipulation
- Process, controls & data streamlining
- Daily, weekly, monthly and year end reporting
- Budgeting & forecasting
These are the main responsibilities for the role however other duties and reporting will become apparent as the role progresses.
Ideally the client is looking for CV’s and to interview candidates with the following skill sets:
- Happy to commit to an initial x6 month interim position
- Currently not restrained by a long notice period
- A previous background as a Financial Accountant or held positions within a finance department that have undertaken the above responsibilities
- Newly qualified or at finalist level ACA / ACCA
- Background of dealing with and working within financial transaction processes
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of financial reporting and carry this out on a daily / weekly / monthly and yearly basis
- A strong grasp of MS Office skills in particular an intermediate ability working with MS Excel up to V Look Up, Pivot Table and Linked In Files standard
- Experience working with systems of Epicor or Hyperion would be highly advantageous
- Ability to commit to an interim permanent role based in Shildon, Durham
The role will be working Monday to Friday with working hours of 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Thursday and Fridays 8:30am to 4:30pm. Depending on experience and qualifications the client is looking to offer a salary between £40,000K to £50,000K plus additional benefits on offer such as:
- x25 days holiday allowance pro rata plus bank holidays on top
- Free parking on-site
- Progression & growth with the strong potential for the role to go permanent
- Plus others
If you feel this is a strong fit to your skill set, please apply and DB Charles Recruitment looks forward to receiving your CV and details.
Bid & Proposal Administrator
- City of London, London
- £25000.00 - £27000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
Interim Financial Accountant
- County Durham, Shildon
- £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits