Based in London not too far away from Kings Cross Train Station, DB Charles Recruitment have been working with a brilliant business seeking to hire a new permanent Group Accountant to join and aid the well established finance team on-site at Head Office.
The business is widely recognised within their industry of building services and they have a company history spanning over 70 years accumulating in a fantastic reputation, turnover and people based success.
The role is of a permanent nature and will be working within the finance team made up of circa 10 people currently and the successful candidate will report directly into the Finance Director. The hired candidate will overall be responsible for the people & team management of the finance department plus a number of essential accountancy tasks in order to ensure the smooth running of the business and department.
The role will hold a variety of duties and day to day responsibilities including but not limited to:
- People management of the finance department including aspects such as 1 to 1 meetings, appraisals, performance reviews, absence management, progression plans and many others
- Conducting weekly team meetings utilising in house statistics etc to conduct reviews
- Quarterly inter-company accounts
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Ledger queries
- Apprentice levy expenditure tracking
- Liaising with other internal teams and personnel
These are the main responsibilities for the role however other duties will become apparent as the role progresses.
Ideally the client is looking for CV’s and to interview candidates with the following skill sets:
- A qualified accountant is required and the client is flexible to consider candidates qualified with ACCA / CIMA / ICAEW / ACA
- Preferably a background within construction
- Must be able to demonstrate leading & managing a finance team larger than 5 people
- Strong people management skills
- Experienced in the assistance of preparing monthly management accounts plus also working and happy to be hands on with the ledger side
- Solid excel skills and if has experience with Evolution M would be highly advantageous
- Hands on
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to commit to a permanent role based in London near to Kings Cross
The role will be working Monday to Friday with working hours of 8:30am to 5:00pm and the client is looking to offer a salary dependent on experience of between £60,000K to £65,000K plus additional benefits on offer such as:
- x23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to x26 days after 1 year and then further increasing to x31 days plus bank holidays after 5 years of service
- A company that looks after its staff with a fantastic retention rate of on average people staying 10 years +
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Plus many others
We hope the above information has been of interest and we welcome your applications and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Supply Chain Assistant / Administrator
- City of London, London
- £24000.00 - £26000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
Social Media & Events Manager
- Harrow, London
- £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits