Financial Controller / Senior Accountant
DB Charles are excited to bring to the market a great new opportunity with a business looking to hire a permanent Financial Controller / Senior Accountant to join the ranks at the office based in Milton Keynes.
The business has nearly been established for 10 years now and has gone from strength to strength not only in turnover but in the growth of personnel within the business and they are now looking to recruit for a new member of staff.
The business is a highly reputable retail / wholesale business that has excelled in providing online trade product sales and as a business they ensure they are forward thinking and that they excel in the product to price ratio on offer. The business also sets out to not only deliver excellence in how they are represented but always ensure exceptional levels of customer service are adhered to.
The role is a permanent position for a Financial Controller / Senior Accountant to be based from their site in the heart of Milton Keynes and essentially the person will be tasked with the overall running of the finance department and team plus being an integral part of aiding the business with strategic growth.
Day to day duties and aspects of the role will include:
- Reporting directly into the Managing Director of the business
- Managing the finance team function
- Preparing weekly / monthly management reports
- Full accountability for production of accounts
- Monthly VAT returns and maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Month end duties
- Stock review
- Assessing current procedures & controls and looking to implement more effective methods
- Prepayments & accruals
- Plus many other aspects as and when required
For this position and with the role involving various duties, the client is looking for CV’s with a number of the below aspects:
- Preferably seeking candidates ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified
- Previous experience as a Financial Controller / Accountant
- A background working as a Financial Controller / Accountant within a retail or wholesale environment would be highly beneficial
- Experience in managing a finance team
- Previous experience / background / knowledge in preparing accounts, reports, VAT returns and many other aspects
- Motivated and driven to succeed, to drive the finance team forward and support the business in growing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong MS Excel skills and if holds exposure to Profit Plus would be advantageous
- Ability to work under pressure and to own initiative
- Ability to commit to a permanent role in Milton Keynes
The role will be working Monday to Friday and depending on experience and qualifications the client is looking to offer a salary between £60,000K to £75,000K plus additional benefits on offer such as:
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Free parking on-site
- Progression & growth
- Plus others
If having read this you feel this is the right position for you, please apply and we look forward to reviewing your information.
Bid Coordinator / Sales Support
- Buckinghamshire, Marlow
- £18000.00 - £20000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
- Harrow, London
- £35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Bonus, Car Allowance and many others