DB Charles have partnered with an incredibly successful business based in Wellingborough, with various sites throughout the UK, that are currently seeking to hire a permanent financial accountant to join the business and contribute to a successful finance & company team.
The business are a well known global brand within manufacturing & distribution and are looking to attract a new candidate to begin working with the business in 2018.
The role as a Financial Accountant will report into the Financial Director and overall the person will ensure the maintenance of the company’s finance transaction processes as well as ensuring these remain in line with the company and group regulatory and statutory regulations.
The role holds a variety of duties and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Management of x2 members of staff in the finance department
- Daily reporting
- Weekly & monthly reporting
- Year end reporting
- Month end procedures including ledger closures and reconciliations
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Payment transactions
- Maintaining & updating an accurate cashbook
- Maintaining & updating the fixed asset register
- VAT prep
- Cost accounting duties
- Ability to help and aid within the payroll function
- Ability to help and aid within the AP (Accounts Payable) & AR (Accounts Receivable) teams
These are the main responsibilities for the role however other duties and reporting will become apparent as the role progresses.
Ideally the client is looking for CV’s and to interview candidates with the following skill sets:
- A previous background as a Financial Accountant or held positions within a finance department that have undertaken the above responsibilities
- Qualified or QBE or candidates close to final stages of a finance qualification
- Management experience
- Background of dealing with and working within financial transaction processes
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of financial reporting and carry this out on a daily / weekly / monthly and yearly basis
- Experience of group reporting to other internal group companies whether it be in the UK or internationally
- Experience & knowledge of VAT returns
- A background in statutory accounts
- Basic understanding of Corporation Tax
- Previous exposure to UK & US GAAP as well as Sarbanes-Oxley
- A strong grasp of MS Office skills in particular an intermediate ability working with MS Excel up to V Look Up & Pivot Table standard
- Ability to commit to a permanent role in Wellingborough
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven to succeed
- Ability to work in a team and independently
For this position the client is looking to pay a maximum salary up to £50,000K per annum with additional benefits on offer.
If you feel this is a strong fit to your skill set, please apply and DB Charles Recruitment looks forward to receiving your CV and details.
- County Durham, Shildon
- £20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
Multi-Site Caretaker / Site Manager
- Berkshire, Maidenhead
- Up to £15.00 per hour + Fuel Expenses & Additional Company Benefits