Commercial Manager / Quantity Surveyor
DB Charles have been working with a growing business in staff numbers and turnover for some time now and this business are now in need of a Commercial Manager / Quantity Surveyor to join the ranks of the business based at the Head Office in Harrow.
The business has a long standing track record of success dating to their start out in the 1970’s and the company specialises in providing a number of support services to the construction industry.
The companies sectors and specialisms fall over a number of different areas including some of the below:
- Waste management
- Operative personnel supply
- Plus others
The role as Commercial Manager /Quantity Surveyor requires the successful candidate to come on-board and manage all commercial aspects of the businesses subcontract works including valuations, variations & payments.
With this being a key role to the business, it involves many different aspects, thus DB Charles have selected a number of the key day to day duties:
- Meeting & reporting into department heads frequently
- Managing site crews
- Cost reporting
- Budget monitoring
- Query handling and resolution in relation to contractual and commercial issues
- Close workings with Procurement teams and departments
- Managing, guiding & training other quantity surveyors
- Multi project management
- Client meetings and updates
Candidates considered for this role will be required to have a number of the below skill-sets and experiences:
- A strong and proven career background working as a Commercial Manager / Quantity Surveyor
- Degree qualification in BSc Quantity Surveying or equivalent preferable or would consider HND qualifications.
- A career background within Logistics & Waste Management
- Previous background of managing / mentoring a team
- Background of working on / handling multiple projects at once
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm in pressured situations
- Ability to commit to a permanent role in Harrow however with offsite travel frequently required
For this position, the business is looking to attract candidates with a variety of experience and will pay a potential base salary varying between £40,000K to £50,000K, plus a number of additional company benefits including:
- X21 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Healthcare & Pension Schemes available
- Car allowance expense scheme
Please send through your application if this role looks like the challenge you have been looking for lately.
Security Control Room Operator – Timegate
- London, West End
- £28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
Junior Test Automation Engineer
- Lincoln, Lincolnshire
- £18000.00 - £20000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits