DB Charles Recruitment have recently partnered with a growing business with sites across the South West of England that are actively working with DB Charles to find and hire a new permanent Bookkeeper for one of the sites based in Yeovil.
The business are specialists in providing accountancy and financial planning services to clients and individuals requiring this help. Over recent years, the business has gone from strength to strength in terms of reputation and in growth with now having 4 sites in the South West.
The business offers a range of services across a number of different sectors and the business always ensures the service it delivers is of the highest standard, making sure they listen and offer a service tailored to each and every individual and client.
With the role in Yeovil for a Bookkeeper, the business is seeking a permanent candidate to join and contribute to the existing finance team function and to essentially come on board and ensure the books and records for the businesses clients are up to date and correct and to ensure all quarterly VAT returns are carried out.
A number of the specific day to day duties for the role will include but not be limited to:
- Entry postings
- Bank account reconciliations
- Supplier invoice coding
- Raising customer invoices
- Providing client support and query handling
- Preparation of client accounts
- VAT return submissions
- Preparation and presentation of management reports
With this role being of utmost importance to the business, CV’s will need to have a number of the below attributes:
- Preferably AAT qualified however not essential
- A strong career background as a Bookkeeper
- A background of being able to review work
- Strong knowledge and experience of VAT returns
- Previous experience as a manager/supervisor/team leader would be beneficial
- Systems experience of working with Sage, Quickbook & Xero Accounting
- Excel ability including strong knowledge with formula’s
- Strong query handling skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to commit to a permanent role based in Yeovil
This is an exciting opportunity with a great business that have been able to demonstrate success over a long business history and they are now seeking a candidate to join the ranks and keep contributing to what is already a thriving team & business.
The role is ideally looking for someone to commit to 5 days a week, Monday to Friday, however the business could offer some flexibility on shorter hours per day or alternatively 4 days per week. Dependent on experience the business is ideally seeking to pay a salary of between £20,000 to £26,000K per annum.
Furthermore, the business also offers excellent additional benefits such as:
- 22 days holiday allowance
- An additional days holiday if birthdays fall on a working day
- An additional Christmas holiday day given by the business
- A company pension scheme
- And others
If the role sounds a great fit for you, please apply and we look forward to speaking with you soon.
Business Development Executive – Telecoms
- Colwick, Nottinghamshire
- Up to £18000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
Operation Executive – Sales Order Processing
- Hertfordshire, St Albans
- £23000.00 - £25000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits