Based in Marlow, Wycombe, DB Charles Recruitment have been working with a brilliant business seeking to hire a permanent Bid Manager to join the team and continue contributing to the success and growth they have experienced over the last 10 years.
The business has been established for over 10 years and in this time has seen great growth in turnover but also the size of personnel involved and they are now hoping to attract a new candidate for a Bid Manager position. The business are based within the IT sector and are Software Developers offering a wide range of services and products across numerous channels. Most recently the business have been successful in being nominated and winning awards for the work they have done and they hope working for a business with this type of reputation plus further growth to come will be an attractive proposition for future candidates.
The role as Bid Manager will report directly into the Managing Director plus they will have management responsibility for a Bid Coordinator. Essentially, the role will be managing bids and tender processes from start to finish and inevitably meaning the Bid Manager will help the business to achieve further success and growth.
The role will involve a number of day to day duties including but not limited to:
- Managing bid qualifications for new opportunities
- Stakeholder management plus managing and interacting with other teams such as finance, sales etc.
- Preparing, reviewing and presenting bids
- Time-line management
- Content contribution
- Delivering sound bids in line with set deadlines
- Arranging and conduction of post bid reviews
- Team training & mentoring
- Updating and contributing to the bid library
- Working in line with corporate compliance standards relating to legal and commercial reviews and approvals within the sales & bid process.
- Proof reading
- Bid design work
- Conducting update meetings and calls with clients plus internal teams
- Reporting and management meetings with the Managing Director
With the diversity and importance of this position the business is seeking candidates with the following demonstrable experience:
- A previous background working as a Bid Manager or within a similar capacity
- A preferable background within sectors including IT, Finance, Engineering or a person who has handled bids for the NHS or Councils.
- Strong working ability with MS Office applications such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experienced working with Adobe Creative packages in particular InDesign
- Being able to understand a clients requirement, dissect the information and put together the necessary proposal
- Understanding important areas such as data handling, confidentiality, client confidentiality, policies and data protection
- Excellent at delivering bids to strict deadlines
- A winning mentality
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills
- Ability to manage others and delegate tasks
- Happy to commit to a permanent role based in Marlow
This is an exciting opportunity with a great business that have been able to demonstrate success over a long business history and they are now seeking someone to join the ranks and keep contributing to what is already a thriving team & business.
The role is a Monday to Friday position with hours of 8:30am to 5:00pm however during multiple bid processes, the candidate might be expected to work slightly longer depending on workload. The business are ideally seeking to pay a salary per annum dependent on experience between £26,000K to £28,000K with additional benefits on offer, such as:
- x21 days holiday + bank holidays
- After each year of service, gaining x1 more days holiday up to a maximum of x25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Many others
If this role sounds a great fit for you, please apply and we look forward to speaking with you soon.
- Buckinghamshire, Marlow
- £28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
- Buckinghamshire, Marlow
- £18000.00 - £20000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits