Bid Manager – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Based in Docklands, Canary Wharf, DB Charles Recruitment have been working with a brilliant business seeking to hire a Bid Manager on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract to cover a Maternity period but it is important to note with the size and extent of the business, other opportunities could certainly be available come the end of this period.
The business is widely recognised within their industry of Facilities Management and Support Services and they have a company history spanning over 100 years accumulating in a fantastic reputation, turnover and people based success.
The role is a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract and will be within the Security Division of the business and the successful candidate will reporting into the Solutions Director & National Sales Director plus the managing and mentoring of the Bid Coordinator & Graphic Designer. The position will require the person to also be accountable and hold regular meetings with a number of key directors from other departments.
From the meeting with the business, the overall purpose of the role is to assemble and manage a bid team with the relevant experience, knowledge and service levels to prepare and achieve winnings bids. The successful candidate will be responsible for the whole bid process from start to finish. When the business described the process end to end this includes everything from initial interest, pursuing opportunities & leads, co-ordinating replies to pre-qualified questions up to the final tender document submission.
The role will involve a number of day to day duties including:
- Managing bid qualifications for new opportunities
- Virtual bid team management
- Stakeholder management plus managing and interacting with other teams such as finance, sales etc.
- Preparing, reviewing and presenting bids
- Time-line management
- Content contribution
- Delivering sound bids in line with set deadlines
- Arranging and conduction post bid reviews
- Team training & mentoring
- Updating and contributing to the centralised bid library
With the diversity and importance of this position the business is seeking candidates with the following demonstrable experience:
- A previous background working as a Bid Manager or within a similar capacity
- A preferable background within the security industry or facilities management preferable
- Ability to demonstrate and provide material showing a winning bid background
- A degree background preferable
- APMP Practitioner or Professional level highly advantageous
- Strong working ability with MS Windows packages plus InDesign
- An excellent stakeholder management background
- A background of bids / proposals process management from start to finish
- Being able to understand a customer’s requirement, dissect the information and put together the necessary proposal
- Understanding important areas such as data handling, confidentiality, customer confidentiality, policies and data protection
- Familiar with handling sensitive information
- Excellent at delivering bids to strict deadlines
- A winning mentality
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage others and delegate tasks
- Happy to commit to a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract role in Docklands, Canary Wharf
This is an exciting opportunity with a great business that have been able to demonstrate success over a long business history and they are now seeking someone to join the ranks and keep contributing to what is already a thriving team & business.
The role is a Monday to Friday position with hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm and the business are ideally seeking to pay a salary per annum dependent on experience between £35,000K to £45,000K with additional benefits on offer, such as:
- x25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Restaurant on-site
- Many others
If this role sounds a great fit for you, please apply and we look forward to speaking with you soon.
Project Analyst / Account Manager
- Lincoln, Lincolnshire
- £17000.00 - £19500.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
- Lincoln, Lincolnshire
- £16500.00 - £18000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits