Based in London not too far away from Kings Cross Train Station, DB Charles Recruitment have been working with a brilliant business seeking to hire a new permanent Bid Coordinator to join the established Estimating team.
The business is widely recognised within their industry of building services and they have a company history spanning over 70 years accumulating in a fantastic reputation, turnover and people based success.
The role is of a permanent nature and will be within the Estimating department and the successful candidate will report into the Head of Estimating but also be responsible for the Bid Administrator. The position will require the person to also be accountable and hold regular meetings with a number of key directors from other departments.
From the meeting with the business, the overall purpose of the role is to bring someone on-board to aid & support new business through the whole proposal process from start to finish. When the business described the process end to end this includes everything from initial interest, pursuing opportunities & leads, co-ordinating replies to pre-qualified questions up to the final tender document submission.
The role will involve a number of day to day duties including:
- Submitting, writing and ensuring proposals are at completion within agreed time-frames and are of the highest quality
- Constant contact with key business stakeholders to assist in proposal submissions
- Organising meetings
- Creating, writing & amending proposal content
- Co-ordinating activities
- Diary management of proposals
- Document management
- Coordinating and organising different departments within the business
- Carry out additional tasks such as market analysis, spotting market trends & business strategies and process improvement.
With the diversity and importance of this position the business is seeking candidates with the following demonstrable experience:
- Background of proposal process management from start to finish
- A solid knowledge of a sales life cycle and how this effectively fits into the process
- Ability to recognise when to utilise and use certain procedures & templates
- A previous working knowledge of Estimation Bid Software
- Being able to understand a customer’s requirement, dissect the information and put together the necessary proposal
- Understanding important areas such as data handling, confidentiality, customer confidentiality, policies and data protection
- Familiar with handling sensitive information
The last part of the meeting the client described some of the particular skill sets they require from the successful candidate:
- A previous career history within Bids & Bid Coordination
- Examples with supporting figures of bids completed from start to finish
- Exceptional time management skills
- Fantastic communication skills and an extensive background of communicating effectively with key stakeholders
- Ability to communicate, organise and work with varying departments within a business
- Creating & sticking to a bid proposal timeline
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Excellent grammar skills
- Excellent proof reading skills
- Ability to manage others and delegate tasks
- Data handling & processing skills
- Process improvement skills
- Commitment to a full time position based in London
- Team player
This is an exciting opportunity with a great business that have been able to demonstrate success over a long business history and they are now seeking someone to join the ranks and keep contributing to what is already a thriving team & business.
The role is a Monday to Friday position and the business are ideally seeking to pay a salary per annum between £38,000 – £40,000K with additional benefits to be discussed.
If this role sounds a great fit for you, please apply and we look forward to speaking with you soon.
- County Durham, Shildon
- £20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
Multi-Site Caretaker / Site Manager
- Berkshire, Maidenhead
- Up to £15.00 per hour + Fuel Expenses & Additional Company Benefits