Assistant Store Manager – Retail
DB Charles Recruitment are working with a client steeped in history within the retail sector that are looking to hire a permanent Assistant Store Manager to join the business and work in one of their stores based in Merry Hill, West Midlands.
The business have a history dating back to long ago and are proud that the business remain a family business to this day. Currently, they have over 20 stores doted around the Midlands and South of England with some exciting new store plans expected in the later part of the year. As a retailer, the business are very much aware that you can have an excellent product but without the right people and customer service levels you have very little and thus the business seek to hire the best candidates and do all they can to to provide an enticing and progressive career path.
The role is a permanent position for an Assistant Store Manager to be based from their site in Merry Hill, West Midlands and essentially the person will be tasked with assisting the branch manager with the running of the store, managing and driving the retail team plus driving sales and ensuring exceptional levels of customer service are adhered to.
Day to day duties and aspects of the role will include:
- Aiding & supporting the branch manager on-site and running the store when required
- Managing and aiding the store team consisting of supervisors & store assistants
- Ensure excellent customer service is delivered at all times.
- Achieve targets and goals.
- Maintain high standards throughout the store.
- Motivate and organise the team to achieve the best results.
- Communicate information from management to staff members.
- Keep shop and displays clean and tidy.
- Follow cashing up procedures.
- Receive deliveries and organise stock.
- Work to increase sales through service and a well-run operational process
- Be confident to make accurate daily commercial decisions
- Work towards and drive the team to hit all KPI’s & targets
- Be aware of up-selling and cross selling opportunities
- Drive & motivate the team to increase performance
DB Charles have spoken at length with the client on the various skill sets and backgrounds they seek in order to hire, including a number of the below:
- A strong retail based background preferably with a focus in 1-2-1 sales
- A previous retail management /supervisory & leadership background
- Must be able to interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Someone operational and sales driven
- Ability to deliver outstanding service level skills
- An understanding of the moment and emotion that goes with customers buying high end products
- KPI & target driven
- Relationship builder and someone who can form an excellent management relationship with the branch manager
- Team player
- Ability to commit to a position based in Merry Hill, West Midlands
- Ability to commit to retail based days and hours
The client is offering a salary of £20,000K per annum with additional benefits and schemes on offer such as pension, bonus & commission & many others. It is also important to note that with the business expanding currently, there will be many opportunities to progress in the future.
The contracted hours for the role will be x40 hours per week, working on a shift basis of 5 of 7 days and it is important to note the opening hours of the store are Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm, Saturday 9am to 7pm and Sundays 11am to 5pm. If interested we would love you to apply and begin speaking with us further about the role.
Project Analyst / Account Manager
- Lincoln, Lincolnshire
- £17000.00 - £23000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
Commercial Manager / Quantity Surveyor
- Harrow, Middlesex
- £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits