Accountant – ACA / ACCA – Construction
DB Charles Recruitment have been working with a business based in the heart of London, within walking distance from Kings Cross that are partnering with us to select and hire a new permanent Accountant to join an existing Finance & Accounting team.
Having worked with this business on previous occasions, it certainly is a role that provides a great working atmosphere and collective of people to work with.
The business is widely recognised within their industry of building services and they have a company history spanning over 70 years accumulating in a fantastic reputation, turnover and people based success.
The role is of a permanent nature and will be within the Finance & Accounting department and the successful candidate will report into the Group Financial Controller & Finance Director but also be directly responsible for a finance team of 10 people. The position will require the person to also be accountable and hold regular meetings with a number of key senior directors and stakeholders.
From the briefing with the client, the overall purpose of the role will be to come onboard and provide people management across the varying finance teams and support the senior finance management team in relation to the management accounts across the varying group company components.
The role will involve a number of day to day duties including:
- Assisting in preparation of monthly management accounts for the varying group companies
- Auditing of files
- VAT returns
- Clearing Inter-Company accounts on a quarterly basis
- Raising & issuing of invoices
- Managing credit control & ledger processes
- Managing staff absences and holidays
- Carrying out staff appraisals & reviews
- Carrying out people management of the finance team of x10 staff members, structured across Purchase Ledger / Credit Control / Nominal Ledger / Sales Ledger & Payroll
With this role being of utmost importance to the business, CV’s will need to have a number of the below attributes:
- A previous background as an Accountant
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- A preferable background as an Accountant within Engineering & Construction
- People management background
- Background of producing monthly management accounts & assisting with general ledger work where required
- Strong excel skills
- Experience of working with Evolution M would be advantageous
- Audit / VAT Return / Inter Company accounts background
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly numerate
- Personable and highly credible
- Ability to build rapport and trust quickly
- Ability to delegate
- Supportive nature
- Passionate with fantastic communication skills
- Ability to commit to a full time role based in London near Kings Cross
This is an exciting opportunity with a great business that have been able to demonstrate success over a long business history and they are now seeking someone to join the ranks and keep contributing to what is already a thriving team & business.
The role is a Monday to Friday position with hours of 8:30am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 5:30pm and the business are ideally seeking to pay a salary per annum dependent on experience of between £55,000 – £60,000K with potential flexibility for the right candidate.
The business also offers excellent additional benefits such as:
- x23 days annual leave + bank holidays, rising to x26 after 1 year and then x31 after 5 years service
- Pension & healthcare schemes
- Referral incentive schemes
- Long term service awards
- And many more
If this role sounds a great fit for you, please apply and we look forward to speaking with you soon.
Senior Paraplanner & Paraplanner
- Somerset, Wells
- £28000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits