1st Line Support
Based in London not too far away from Kings Cross Train Station, DB Charles Recruitment have been working with a brilliant business seeking to hire a permanent 1st Line Support Systems Engineer.
The business is widely recognised within their industry of building services and they have a company history spanning over 70 years accumulating in a fantastic reputation, turnover and people based success.
The role is of a permanent nature and will be within the IT department and the successful candidate will report directly into the IT Manager and be amongst 7 others in the department. The essential overview of the role is ensure the stable operation of the businesses computer systems, network and infrastructure across a variety of hardware, software and communication links.
The role will involve a number of day to day duties including:
- Handling 1st line support issues / tickets
- Managing the server environment
- Managing security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems
- Maintaining network connections
- Carrying out upgrades across software and hardware
- Up keep of access controls & rights
- Ensuring system back ups and recoveries are carried out
- Maintaining SLA’s
Ideally the client is looking for CV’s and to interview candidates with the following skill sets:
- A career background within 1st line support
- An IT related degree / college diploma would be advantageous however not essential
- VPN Ware
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, printer/scanners, tablets, PDA devices
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 10 & Server 2012+
- Technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Extensive technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Application support experience
- Knowledge of ITIL principles
- Strong documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills & telephone manner
- Post lockdown able to commit to a permanent role based in London Kings Cross
This is an exciting opportunity with a great business that have been able to demonstrate success over a long business history and they are now seeking someone to join the ranks and keep contributing to what is already a thriving team & business.
The role will be working Monday to Friday with working hours of 8:30am to 5:00pm and the client is looking to offer a salary dependent on experience of between £24,000 to £26,000 with additional benefits to be discussed.
If this role sounds a great fit for you, please apply and we look forward to speaking with you soon.
Internal Sales / Account Manager
- Hertfordshire, St Albans
- £18000.00 - £25000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits
Sales Account Manager
- Lincoln, Lincolnshire
- £19000.00 - £23000.00 per annum + Additional Company Benefits